Sahyadri Classic Promo Video
The summer is almost upon us, and we are super excited to bring to you another epic race to challenge your limits !
The ‘Sahyadri Summer Challenge’ is a first of it’s kind 2 day Time Compensation stage race in Pune.
Now race with and against the best athletes in India in the biggest race the country has seen.
DATE: 30th & 31st May 2020
Day 1 – 8.6km/25.8km Climbing Individual Time Trial, with only the climbing time for the Sinhagad ghat will be considered. (5:00 am to 11:00 am)
Day 1 – Snacks/lunch along with drinks (12:00 pm to 2:00 pm)
Day 1 – Discussion and seminars followed by dinner for all participants at PYC gymkhana (6:00 pm to 9:00 pm) (Dinner will be followed by a DJ night until 11:00 pm)
Day 2 – 50km/150km Mass Start Road Race (5:00 am to 11:00 am)
Day 2 – Final Presentations and Lunch
Day 1 – Base of Sinhagad climb
Day 2 – Manali Resort, Loni Kalbhor
For all x1 categories:
Day 1 – 8.6km ITT on Sinhagad climb, which has 7% avg gradient and a total elevation gain of 622m.
Day 2 – 50km Mass Start Road Race on an almost flat race route.
For all x3 categories:
Day1 – 8.6km*3 ITT on Sinhagad climb, which has 7% avg gradient and a total elevation gain of 1866m.
Day 2 – 150km Mass Start Road Race on an almost flat race route.
Registrations charges and inclusions:
* Cash prizes for winners for the first 10 finishers for the Open category and first 5 finishers for Masters and Women category.
* Medals for all finishers
* Finisher’s certificate for all participant
* Snacks/lunch on Saturday 30th May 2020
* Seminars and discussions with accomplished athletes/personalities along with dinner for all attendees on Saturday 30th May 2020
* A fully loaded lunch for all participants on Sunday 31st May 2020
* Personalised bib numbers for all the participants
* During race hydration support
* Basic first aid support during the race
BIB DISTRIBUTION: 29th May 2020
Route and other details will follow soon.
All bikes will be allowed (except e-bikes and TT bikes). Aeor extension bars are not allowed. Drafting behind vehicles is not allowed. Needless to say, helmets are compulsory.
Category with less than 5 participants will be merged with other categories.
Please feel free to share the page with your friends and fellow riders.
Registrations opening soon. Keep an eye out for them.